Year heads are responsible for the welfare and academic progress of all students in their year group. Each year group within the school has a specific year head looking after their well-being.
Role of the Year Head
- To organise regular assembly for the year group.
- To organise Class Tutor meetings.
- To communicate with students and to emphasise the ‘open door’ policy of the school in relation to pastoral care.
- To ensure that students are given responsibility within the school.
- To communicate with parents following consultation with Class Tutor.
- To monitor student records and follow up where appropriate.
- To promote good attendance and punctuality in the year group.
- To foster school and community spirit in the year group.
- To keep the Principal/Deputy informed on developments in the year group.